A COVID-Safe Salon
We are delighted to have re-opened and look forward to welcoming you back. Rest assured Avant Garde have a firm focus on keeping our clients and team safe whilst maintaining a spotless salon. We continue to work hard to keep our Salon hygienic and clean, taking social distancing and safeguarding into account.
Although some of these measures may not seem ideal to all, it is important that we stick to the rules & follow government advice & protocols. We would like to thank all our wonderful, loyal clients for their support during the transition back into salon life.
We kindly ask that you please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the new guidelines that are in place for close contact services. Please note that many of these guidelines are enforced by law and are not optional. They are put in place to keep both clients & staff safe and help continue the fight against the Coronavirus pandemic.
Covid Safe Hair & Beauty Salons Near Me
University of Worcester
Close Contact Services
You will only ever see our team working in accordance with government guidelines for close contact services. Guidance for hairdressers requires us to take precautions because of the period of time we spend in close proximity to clients, especially near their mouths and noses.
In accordance with the guidance, we will always wear a clear visor/goggles and a Type II face mask: a medical face mask made up of a protective 3-ply construction that prevents large particles from reaching clients or working surfaces. Face coverings are mandatory, anyone providing close contact services who do not comply with these rules are potentially putting the health & safety of both clients and staff at risk.
Covid Safety Measures In Place At Avant Garde Salons, Worcester and Hereford
· A one way system has been put in place with one door for entering the salon & another for exiting
· Sanitiser is on each entrance and exit with several sanitiser stations around
· Each staff member has their own sanitiser on the station
· One way system on the staircases - the joy of having two stair cases
· Daily risk assessments are taken by Management
· Twice weekly lateral flow tests offered to all staff and recorded on the Government website
· Disposable PPE for all staff- single client use only
· PPE care packages made up for clients several days before use-all disposable and at no charge
· 3 staff room areas with a maximum number of 3 staff in an area at one time
· Earlier and later start times to enable staff staggered start and finish times
· Covid screens placed around the reception area
· No waiting area- all clients to wait outside till greeted by their stylist/colourist and given a PPE care package
· A client health questionnaire has to be filled in - these can be sent electronically complying with GDPR
· Visible NHS track and track QR codes for all clients and staff
· Re-bookings and payments to be made in the chair to reduce the number of clients around reception and the entrance
· 6 assistants on hand to ensure toilets, banisters, handles, doors, etc are sanitised at least every 20 minutes
· Screens placed in-between stations to allow privacy and social distancing
· Washable curtains placed in between the backwashes that can be sanitised after each client
· Preferred payment method is card
· Increased appointment times to allow extra cleaning and sanitising between clients
· 4 extra social distanced stations created
· Disposables cups to allow clients to still have refreshments
Please note our skin testing policy remains in place. All clients are required to have an AAT (allergy alert test) at least 48 hours prior to their certain beauty treatments and all hair colouring services at Avant Garde Salons.
Additional Covid Safety Measures
Avant Garde Salons have rolled out long-lasting surface sanitising treatment Zoono Z71 across all its salons to protect against coronavirus COVID-19.
Zoono Z71 is a viricidal sanitiser that is effective for 28 days. As an environmentally friendly, alcohol-free ‘invisible shield’ that attracts and kills organisms, it is scientifically proven to be highly effective against the virus.
All work stations, chairs, backwash & any touch points will be treated every 21 days to ensure optimal protection for clients and the team. The use of the product is in addition to the disinfecting of all stations after every client, and disinfection of customer touch points every 30 mins.
Zoono Z71 bonds to surfaces and provides protection even after regular washing or cleaning. It attracts and kills organisms mechanically.
Get In Touch
We really hope to see you all soon. To book your appointment at your local Avant Garde Hair & Beauty Salons in Worcester and Hereford or if you have any questions or concerns about your visit, please don’t hesitate to get in touch. You can contact the salon 01432 357 588, book online using the pop up button to the right or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Positive Post Covid Salon Reviews
We understand that after so many months at home, hardly venturing out, the thought of heading back to normal life can seem a little daunting. So, if you are nervous about visiting our Hair & Beauty Salons In Worcester & Hereford, why not read some of our positive 5-star salon reviews? That way, you can see how much the salon is still safe and a fun, relaxing place to visit.